Garmin Edge is the best and one of the famous fitness and sports devices that are developed by Garmin. This series is the most used tracking device that is mostly and widely used by the cyclists and this bike computer is completely loaded with features such as rider-to-rider incident detection, messaging, Trendline and LiveTrack. If you are also a regular Garmin Edge user, you can download Garmin Edge maps for free on your device, there are few maps that can only installed after buying it. This guide will serve you best in downloading those maps that are widely useful and simple to get as well as free to use on your device.
The requirement to have Garmin Edge:
- A Garmin SD Card
- High-Speed Internet
- USB Data Cable
- Garmin Express Software
Follow the given steps to know the downloading procedure of Garmin Edge. There are various ways from which you can download the maps on your Garmin Edge.
OpenStreetMap is an online map store from where you can get a vast array of maps for you to decide. Follow these methods to install the maps on your Garmin Edge:
- First of all, start your system and then go to the Garmin.com/express
- Make sure that you have a strong and high-speed internet otherwise the website might crash while downloading due to vast and heavy traffic
- When the website loads, choose the Routable Cycle Maps option from the Map Type
- Once you choose the Map type then select the region or area the map of which you want to download
- After choosing your preference, the next page comes with the available map updates. Click on the map you wish to download. Be sure that the selected option will state SD card format due to which you can move the map in your Garmin Edge and then get it installed
- Before moving the map file on your device, check your SD Card space with having 500 MB
- After moving the file in the SD Card, insert the SD card in your Garmin Edge and get the map installed
Installation Through Garmin Express Application:
Garmin Express is a must-have software that is specifically designed for your Garmin GPS users. With the help of this software, you can easily download the best of the maps accessible free for your device. Here is how you can get the maps downloaded on your Garmin Edge by using the Garmin Express software.
- Firstly, open the Garmin Express app in your system. If you haven’t the app, you can get t downloaded by just visiting www.garmin.com/express
- Before getting it installed, make sure the system requirement and make sure that your system fulfills the requirement which is needed to run the Garmin Express smoothly
- After downloading and installing this app, run it and then connect your Garmin Edge by using a USB data cable.
- Once you connect the device then Garmin Express automatically will identify your GPS. Then, register it in your Garmin Express
- Once your device is successfully registered, a vast array of the map and the system updates will be available for free
- Now, choose the map which you want to install in your system and then click on the Download option
- When the map is successfully downloaded then transfer it in the SD card of your device
- In the end, disconnect the device from the system and then install the map. To get the latest map accessed, turn off your device and then turn it on again
But there is a fact that you might sometimes face technical glitches due to which it creates trouble while downloading. One thing more, not only unable to download but also there are some common errors which are associated with the Garmin Edge such as “Garmin Edge not getting turned on, Unable to download and Garmin Edge update or Edge display issues”. You can get it fixed by just following these below-given steps:
Fixing Garmin Edge:
- Gently reset on your device that will definitely resolve common Garmin Edge working errors. For a gentle reset, press the power key until the screen goes black and, gets turned on again. Wait the device completes the booting procedure
- If you aren’t able to download or install the map in your Garmin Edge, make sure that there is enough space to install the map
- If you’re the latest Garmin Edges and it is not turning on, then there are chances that you may receive a damaged and defective product. In that case, ask the nearest store for a replacement
- If you are getting screen errors, then check you have downloaded the correct map for your device and your device is not low on space.